Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Thing 13 Reflection...

My thinking has been transformed regarding the integration of iPads into the curriculum because there are endless possibilities as it pertains to what students can learn and how teachers can enhance learning with the use of technology. I'm not sure what I thought this process would entail but let's just say that I was pleasantly surprised and challenged by the apps and activities we got to try out in this PD course. BYOD was a big hit!!! By making the participants learners first, it will enable us to plan better technology enriched lessons with our students in mind.

My favorite app that I learned about during this PD would have to be Educreations. I enjoyed creating the screencast and definitely foresee how it can be utilized effectively in a classroom.

My biggest "aha" moment was during Thing 2 and discovering the level of difficulty which creates a need for creativity in how to get the student work off the iPad. Initially, I thought it should be easy but as we experienced more features, I realized that they don't all communicate with one another and therefore teachers have to think in advance so that learning is not lost.

(Edmodo was mentioned throughout this training and proved to be beneficial to me because I attended a content conference today and one of the sessions scheduled was training on how to use Edmodo in the classroom with students. Thanks!)

1 comment:

  1. Monica, I am glad to hear that you will be integrating technology in your classrooms with the iPads on your campus. You did a wonderful job on your Educreations videos and I know your students will enjoy your future Educreation videos. In addition, I am excited to hear that you attended a Edmodo session on effective use in the classroom. Monica, you are going to have a great year integrating technology in your classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete